Most of you will know Leroy as he teaches Chess to our Year 5 and 6 children. Last week he started a Code Club with some of our Year 4 and 5 children.

Code Club Projects

The Code Club projects are step-by-step guides for children to follow and create animations, games, websites and much more. Our Children, with the guidance of Leroy,  will build up programming skills as they move through the projects in their club.

This week the children had to learn how to code their own musical instruments. I asked the children what they thought of their lesson and here are some of the comments they made:

“It is really challenging but fun.” Natalia Year 4

“Even though at times it was tricky, I really enjoyed using the computers. The challenges were fun but difficult sometimes.” Tyla Year 4

“I found it hard but I can’t wait to have a go next week.” Shane Year 4

“It was really fun and the challenges were exciting and tricky at times.”  Tyla Year 4

“It was really fun especially because we used a programmer called Scratch Rock Bands.” Manveer Year 4

“Coding Club is quite tricky but also fun when you get the hang of it.”  Reiss Year 5

” I loved it! It was so much fun making a Rock Band.” Mia Year 5

” I think it was great because ypu could create a boombox, music, drums and much, much more.” Ryan Year 5

“I know I’m really going to enjoy learning about coding.”-Precious Year 5

Translate

Upcoming Events

1. Break up for the Summer 3.15pm

Friday, July 21
  2. Y6 Bowling Party Day

Friday, July 21

Follow us on Twitter